Tuesday 23 July 2013

Beetroot and Mint Coleslaw

Vibrant colours for vibrant health!

One of the challenges involved in getting a weekly veg box is figuring out tasty ways of enjoying vegetables you wouldnt usually choose to eat.  I'm no great fan of cabbage cooked, but I dont mind coleslaw.  I was out of carrots so thought I'd experiment with beetroot which has a similar texture and sweetness to carrot.  The mint in our garden has gone nuts so I thought adding a bit of that would give a nice counter to the sweetness. Mr Duncan said this was the best coleslaw I've made yet.

Fertility focus
Beetroot is full of iron and folate

Cabbage is antioxident and also contains a phytonutrient called Di-Indole Methane that helps with metabolising estrogen effectively.



Ingredients
  • Cabbage
  • Beetroot
  • Mint
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Olive oil
Method
Grate the beetroot and finely chop the cabbage and mint.  Toss together in apple cider vinegar and olive oil dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...