Monday 15 July 2013

Vietnamese Prawn Summer Roll Salad

Summer roll, in a bowl

 Its veggie box day tomorrow and I'm running low on ingredients - we have some carrot and cucumber but thats about it.  Lovely weather today, its sunny and warm so I dont want to eat anything too heavy.  I have a rummage in the freezer and discover some prawns that need using.  I think of Vietnamese Summer Rolls.  Yum - they remind me of my trip to Vietnam in 2005.  We do have lots of mint in the garden...

I actually have rice paper in the cupboard, for wrapping the ingredients into rolls, but I'm not in the mood for anything time consuming or fiddly so just throw all the ingredients together into a salad.  


Ingredients
  • vermicelli noodles
  • onion
  • prawns 
  • mint
  • cucumber
  • carrot
  • peanuts

Dressing
  • rice wine vinegar
  • honey
  • toasted seasame oil
  • chilli flakes

Method
Put the noodles in a shallow dish and and soak in boiling water for 5 or so minutes. Mix together dressing ingredients.  Rinse noodles in cold water, drain, toss in the dressing and set aside. 

Cut onion into strips and stir fry with prawns until onion strips are soft and prawns are just pink.  Remove from heat.  Set aside to cool.

Cut the carrot and cucumber into thin sticks.  Chop the mint and peanuts.

Throw all the ingredients together in a bowl.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...